This 6-week course is for you if you:
1. Have started your book and are stuck,
2. Have an idea but can’t get started, or
3. If you really want to write but can’t think what to write about or how to start.
You'll receive guidance from an experienced writer, editor and publisher to starting and finishing your book ... in all genres of writing – memoir, short story, novel, poetry and non-fiction.
Oh, you'll also have a lot of fun and encouragement from a group of writers, all there to help and improve each other.
Some of what you will learn:
Story-lines and plot structure - creating rhythm and climax,
Characterisations - creating people (characters) we know and love (or hate!),
Dialogue - conversations that draw us in,
Adverbs and adjectives - replacing them with juicy, colourful phrases we won't forget,
MS Word - using styles, contents, headers, footer, review and other functions favoured by publishers/agents, and
Writers block - techniques to get you going when you are stuck.
There will be weekly exercises that will be constructively critiqued and, if there are enough stories at the end, we might publish them as a compilation book.
Don't forget to book online below and you can contact me if you have any questions:
Email: email@example.com or
Phone: 0284 384 330
In conjunction with: www.theincubator.co.nz
The Artery – Creative Community Campus
- Tue, 21 MarCreative Community Campus, Tauranga21 Mar, 6:00 pm NZDT – 25 Apr, 8:00 pm NZSTCreative Community Campus, Tauranga, 17th Ave West, Tauranga South, Tauranga 3112, New ZealandFor writers of any genre and stage of writing - a course to get your book written and you with the skills to continue without support. This 6-week course is for you if you: 1. Have started your book and are stuck, 2. Have an idea but can’t get started, or 3. If you really want to write but can’t
- Thu, 13 AprPapamoa Community Centre